The hard work of materializing our dreams
- Write a manifesto declaring the kind of world you will create.
- Make a list of things in your imagination that would make the world better if they became a reality. Identify everything you could do now to make your life a closer reflection of the one you long to live.
- Make every small change you can to move your life into an expression of your passions and longings.
- Grab some close friends and ask them which of your ideas they think you have the most potential to make happen.
- Look to see if there are others who share your passion.
- Find a place to serve—find someone or some organization you can serve that moves you closer to living out that passion.
- Start small and dream big:
- If you want to be a writer, write articles and share them with your friends.
- If you want to be a designer, make something for your kids or as Christmas gifts for friends.
- If you want to do humanitarian work, go on a short-term project to serve the under-served, either overseas or in your community.
- If you want a new career, begin to volunteer during your spare time to learn a new trade.
- If you want to change the world, start by making small changes to your world.
- Every day, identify one thing that happened in the world as a result of the choices you made!
Source: The Artisan Soul: Crafting Your Life into a Work of Art by Erwin Mcmanus